Almond crusted chicken
Ingredients: (makes 1 serving)
4oz chicken breast
Pinch of each of the following: paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
1 egg white
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Finely chop the almonds in a mini-chopper or food processor. Transfer the nuts to a shallow dish and stir in the paprika, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
3. Lightly whisk the egg whites in another shallow dish. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, letting the excess fall back into the dish. Then press both sides of the chicken into the nuts to coat. Place on a baking sheet, cover, and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes to set the crust.
4. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Place the chicken in the Cook turning once, until the nuts set and turn golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
5. Transfer meat to aluminum foil lined baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes.